The Rules: Friendships, acquaintances, or — at least — a handshake and conversation.
New Additions at top
Ginger Bianco, co-founder and drummer of
Goldie and the Gingerbreads. Rock and Roll
Hall of Fame honoree and — notfornuthin —
opened for the Stones on a tour of Europe.
- Alan Iverson’s Mom. What can I say? She gave me the personally autographed card, and a kiss.
- Al D’Amato. I said “This picture will go between my Carville and my Cuomo.” He said, “That’ll be a fucking trio.”
- Veronica Ventavoli. Italian Pop Singer. The voice of an angel. I did her website; my first bi-lingual site.
- “Dollar Bill” Bradley. I reminded him: “The Primary should be decided by jump-shots from the top of the key”
- Michi Fuji. Virtuoso Jazz Violinist and member of Junior Mance’s last trio
- Gene Krupa. World Class Drummer. My old neighbor. I used to shag softballs for him and his friends.
- Eddie Carmel. The tallest man in the world. And maybe the saddest.
- Johnny Petraglia, Jr. Hall of Fame Bowler. “I wasn’t the most talented on the tour. but I was the hardest worker.”
- Governor Mario Cuomo. Another hero. Brilliant … and a dick. Long story available.
- Mariano Rivera. Yankee Closer. At the Atlanta Airport. TSA guys were scurrying around to get his autograph.
- Junior Mance, trumpet master Jimmy Owens, and piano phenom Danny Mixon
- Leonard Bernstein. “Call me Lenny.” Really, he said that.
- Marc Darrow, MD, JD. Long story, buy me a vodka.
- James Carville. My hero.
- Ed Koch. What can I say?
- Cokey Roberts. Classy lady.
- Hide Tanaka. New York’s premier jazz bassist
- Joe Lapchick. Boston Celtic star. Knicks and St. Johns Coach
- Chris Moneymaker. 2003 WSOP Champion. He started it all.
- Governor Christie Whitman. Nice lady. One big mistake.
- Skeeter Beebe. World Duncan Yo-Yo Champion. This story will cost you several drinks — worth every penny.
- Chi Coltrane. Much more talented than her one Top 40 Hit would imply.
- Danny Walsh. Frightening tenor sax player. And Julian Philips, owner of The Sound Bit; former WPIX reporter
- Junior Mance. Unparalleled legendary jazz pianist and special human being.
- Michael Howell. Dizzy’s Bassist, currently playing amazing guitar.
- Shari Lipski. Malinois breeder/trainor. Mommy to one of Bear’s puppies. (For ‘Person of Interest’ fans only.)
- Fukushi and Chihiro Tainaka. The most musical drummer I’ve ever heard, and his fabulous vocalist wife.
- Jon Heffelfinger, award-winner film creator; and Gloria Clayborne Mance, Junior’s wife
- Brooklyn Dodger great Roy Campanella. I handed him my Yankee cap for an autograph. He laughed and signed.